One of the leading tube site brands owned by the adult entertainment giant MindGeek will cease its operations in September. XTube has announced that it will close down September 5 and already stopped accepting new uploads to its site. No official explanation was given so far.
While Mindgeek’s best-known brands and especially Pornhub have gotten terrible press coverage lately, it is one of the lesser-known tube sites that will shut down its operations. So while some religious fanatics and opponents of the company are celebrating the »end of illegal porn«, this might just be a business decision.
Mindgeek only gave sparse information on the move, releasing a short comment stating: »Like any tech company, we are constantly evaluating our content offerings and products to best serve our users. XTube has always had a dedicated but small community, and we believe that its users and creators will be better served on one of our existing platforms, where they will be able to take advantage of wider reach and increased visibility.«
On XTube, users can find a FAQ explaining the technicalities of the move without any additional explanation. Under the link »XTube Closure« more information can be found. The main announcements are:
- As of July 5, content uploads were disabled
- As of September 5, all user-generated content will be removed
- Downloads have been disabled; henceforth, users will not be able to download any of the user-generated content
- All remaining payout balances will be paid out by September 16, 2021
- Though they are not obligated to do so beforehand, partners may remove their accounts prior to the closing date of September 5. Those removing their accounts won’t be able to process any remaining payout balances
- VIP members and XTube Premium members will be billed through August 5; the subscriptions will be cancelled thereafter and will no longer be billed. However, VIP members and XTube Premium members will be able to access their respective benefits until September 5.
Additional information for content partners can be obtained by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.